In 1873 Phillip Muehl founded the Muehl Furniture and Funeral Home Company in Seymour at the present Zak Dentistry Office. At that time three Polish immigrant cabinet makers from Brazil were employed to make both furniture and caskets. Phillip later moved his business to 123 S. Main Street, Seymour and was joined in business by his son, Harvey, making this a family operation.
In 1945 Arnold Heiling purchased the furniture store from Harvey Muehl. Leo Haas and Norman Boettcher purchased the business from him in 1956 and remained partners until Leo retired in 1981.
In 1982 Norman was joined in business by his son, Kurt. The heritage of the past came full circle and once again it was a Father-Son operation. The name was then changed to Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home.
The Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home remains one of the oldest continuous funeral homes in Wisconsin. The tradition of offering the finest in funeral service which was passed on from Phillip, Harvey, Arnold, Leo and Norman continues with the Boettcher Family. With the re-modeling and expansion of our facility in 1991, we continue to be a "family dedicated to serving others".